Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the Day Before Christmas

Twas the morning of Christmas Eve, when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, except my brother's spouse.
The stockings all hung, in the living room with care,
Amanda and Jolie have been added up there.

The nieces and nephews, all snug in their beds,
While visions of tomorrow's chaos danced in their heads.
Now my love is at her house, and I am at mine,
But this evening we share Christmas, for the first time...

So Amanda and I are sharing our first out of many holiday seasons together. I think of all the days, Christmas Eve is what I'm looking forward to most right now. Dinner and a gift exchange tonight will be a fun time, but it's after the kids have gone to bed that I'm waiting for. In my parents house tonight we are craming: my mom and dad, brother, sister, sister-in-law, 5 year old nephew, 5 year old niece, 2 year old niece, 1 year nephew, and just shy of a year old niece. Additionally, I get to have Amanda and Jolie here tonight. So 13 all together in a four bedroom house.

And I don't mind the cramp quarters at all. After all the kids have racked out, we get to stay up and set up presents and stockings, drinking egg nog and telling stories of Christmas Past. And then waking up tomorrow morning! The way Jolie's eyes light up watching Christmas lights, I can't wait to see her in the morning with presents, stockings and wrapping paper every where. Can't wait for the next couple days, going to be a lot of enjoyment.

Side note: I'm not completely naive, I do know with that many children 5 and under there will be a good amount of not so fun chaos, but when it's all over, I think that will even be a bit of fun.

Merry Christmas All!

No comments:

Post a Comment