Friday, December 25, 2009

Lots and lots of Christmas...






JON AND HIS NEW TACKLE BOX

JOLIEBEAN OPENING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

MOMMY AND JOLIE ; )

JOLIE AND TAELOR PLAYING WITH BOWS

JACOB, GRANDMA & JOLIE










Well... three down, one to go! Last night consisted of a gift exchange at Jerry's house. I'm not sure what the exact number of people that were here was, but it was close to twenty. Children and crazy adults everywhere! Jolie found a little boy about her age to play with. They ran up and down the hall screaming at the top of their lungs. But it was a happy scream. One of those screams that hurts your ears but you don't want to tell them to stop because it's so cute. The kids opened their gifts first. Jolie got some yellow pajamas. Soft and cuddly ones. Then we did the gift exchange. We ended up with an M&M desk lamp... not my first choice unfortunately. However, Jerry's mom was kind enough to give us the blanket I was after : ) That ended well.
Next, we headed to my house. Lots of presents. Jolie made out like a bandit. Complete with a guitar, monkey weights, a new wardrobe, and a toy that blows balls into the air. Jerry left my mother's decked out in Dallas Cowboys gear. My favorite part was the stockings. My family is BIG into scratch tickets for Christmas. So, all of us sitting at the table scratching away... I ended up with about $80 in wins. Yay! It was ten o'clock when we headed back to Jerry's for the night to play Santa. We didn't even make it around the corner and Jolie had fallen asleep. We made it back here and everyone put the kids' Santa presents together while I put the finishing touches on Jack's (Jerry's dad) blanket. That damn thing..... my fingers hurt from hand-sewing all of it. But the blanket was a hit. He's been napping in his chair with it all morning.
This morning we were all up and opening presents by 8. I've never been at a present opening that took three hours... paper and boxes everywhere. Kids tired of opening presents. Wow...

But now, Jolie is napping, others are eating or sleeping. Tonight will be Christmas dinner and more presents with my grandparents and cousins. Then another dinner at my mom's. Gotta love that holiday food.




No comments:

Post a Comment