Thursday, December 24, 2009

Daddy's First Trip to the Doc

I learned a few things today. First of all, when Amanda says "make sure to bring the diaper bag with you," she means it. I found myself sitting in a small room with nothing except a lamp to turn on and off, and a trash can to beat as a drum, for thirty minutes. My idea of 'hey, lets lean back and take a nap' was nowhere near Jolie's top ten list of things to do. Also, I'm a smart enough guy to have forgotten Jolie's blanket. Another one of those, "don't forget to always take this with you" items.

All in all though, I think Jolie and I did pretty well on our first visit to doc. I think she understands I'm on a bit of a learning curve and she takes it easy on me. Reason 326 that I love Jolie- She's patient with me.

The one part that didn't go so well was verifying her medical history. By time I got to my 30th round of 'I'm not sure' and 'I don't really know', the nurse was looking at me like maybe Jolie wasn't supposed to be with me. I'm thinking, 'Great, now I'm going to have to call Amanda and explain why the outpatient clinic has custody of our daughter.' As it turns out though, its a common thing that dads don't know what meds their kid is on, or what they weighed two months ago. I'd have looked more suspicious if I did know.

More after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment